In this article, you'll have a walkthrough on how to import your vendor's CSV file to create their product catalog within Onport.
Updating product information via CSV is a manual process, which means you'll have to import the CSV file each time your vendor updates inventory quantity or prices.
A Google Sheet integration is a great option if you're looking for a partial automation. With Google Sheets, you only need to insert the URL of the file and it will be updated with each inventory feed fetch, without needing to upload it every time.
You can read more about the Google Sheet integration here.
Manually update inventory
If you decide to manually update inventory, you will need to:
- Choose the option "Upload" under the Connection tab of the dropship provider's inventory feed:
- Hit "Save". You'll see an orange bar with an option to upload a file - click on the "Upload" button on the right:
- A modal will open - upload the CSV file and then click "Import":
4. Make sure you save the file as a CSV and you're all done.
❗️For the creation of the CSV, you may want to use our template: Google Sheet Product Template
If you use a custom template, then you'll need to map the values. Read more on how to map the values in this article.
Updating inventory levels by CSV
In case you are looking to update inventory levels for in-house items, or for dropshipping when there isn't a way to automatically update inventory levels, you can always do it by CSV.
To do this, you need to create an inventory adjustment file in CSV format. This file needs to contain headers for quantity and SKU.
❗️The headers must be formatted as “qty” and “sku”. Ensure that these are both written in lowercase. In the case you write them in any other format, the levels won’t transfer properly.
How to upload the file in Onport
- Navigate to Adjustments under the Inventory tab.
- Click on Import adjustments and select the warehouse
- Add the adjustment reason (which will also be used for stock takes and returns)
- Decide whether you want inventory levels to adjust by the quantity in the file. If you uncheck this setting, the levels will be set to the absolute levels listed in the file
- Add the CSV file and click on Start Import