In this article, we will show you how you can easily send and automate your payments to vendors via our PayPal integration.
❗️This integration will give you the possibility to use the Automated Vendor Payout which is a feature only available to the Advance Plan or above.
Your vendor must have a PayPal account to be able to make these transfers (for associated Paypal fees please see here).
You will also need to have a Business Account (if you go here you will see the Current account type).
Setting up your PayPal account
When setting up the integration between Onport and your Paypal account, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to https://developer.paypal.com/
- Create an Account or Login with your business account. (Account must be Business)
- You will need to be verified by Paypal. 🔎 See here for more info.
- Call Paypal support by going here and clicking
Call Us. Ask for Technical / Business support and have them enable Payouts via the REST API for their account.
- Click on the Live tab.
|❗️If you are testing with Sandbox keys please make sure you switch to Live keys otherwise you will NOT be able to process payments!|
6. Click the Create App button.
7. Name the app Onport (optional) and click Create App
Note: If there is an option to create a Partner or Merchant application, select Merchant.
8. Remove all Permissions except for payouts and hit save
9. Select Continue - This alert is because you are limiting the features to only Payments - This is all Onport needs for the integration.
Client ID and
Setting up the integration in your Onport account
To finalize the integration setup you need to:
- Go to Integrations > Paypal > Enter API Credentials into Onport
2. Enter in Vendor Paypal email address under Contacts > Vendor name > Payment Setup
3. Automate Paypal Payments (Only to the Advance Plans or above subscriptions)
Daily, Weekly (Choose day of the week), or Monthly (First or Last day)