In this article, we describe how to set up shipping rules by geographical zones and restrict the vendor's shipping to a specific set of rules.❗️This option is restricted to Advanced Accounts.
Onport allows you to set up different rules either by specific country/state/region.
Shipping Zones are used to ship products to specific areas, based on the shipping strategy you would like to apply and what rate to practice. This can be used if a vendor is restricted to only ship to certain areas or if you want to have a specific shipping strategy that requires more granularity by location.
Setting up shipping zones
- Click New shipping-rate
- Add Name and Code
- Choose Advanced Shipping Rules
- Save (If you do not click save, the Zone setup will not appear)
- Assign it to your dropship providers
- Go to Shipping Zones at the bottom and enter a zone name
- After you enter a zone name complete the zone setup information - Weight Based, Order Value or Carrier Rates based.
- Save shipping zone changes and finally save the shipping rate.
If you would like to restrict order routing to a specific vendor based on Country, consult the article here.