One of the main functionalities and benefits of Onport is the ability to set up automatic order routing to vendors’ stores. While most marketplaces benefit from this automated function, each of them may have different needs and requirements of how the order is sent out, and how it appears to the vendor and customer.
This article will cover the different order options Onport offers that allow for customizing the order flow to fit the needs of the marketplace. While the availability of these settings varies based on the vendor platform, this article will cover all settings available for Shopify vendors as an example.
Trigger notifications in the vendor's store
This setting will give you the ability to trigger an order confirmation email in the vendor's store when the order is synced. This will typically be sent to the email that has been opted to send with the order:
Include the customer's email and phone
By default, Onport will send the company email and phone along with the order to prevent the marketplace’s customer details from entering CRM software the vendor may have connected. There is, however, the option to include customer emails if needed:
Include customer invoice
Choose whether a PDF of the customer's invoice will be included in the email sent to the vendors. The options are:
- Send no invoice at all;
- Send the invoices of the whole customer orders to the vendor, including all items;
- Send the invoices for a customer that only includes this vendor's items.
Use your order reference when syncing orders
This setting refers to the ability to set the marketplace’s purchase order reference in the vendor’s store rather than using their reference number. The reference for the purchase order will also be set as a tag:
Syncing invoice address
When syncing the order to the vendor's platform, you can select which address to include as the invoice address. The options are:
- The customer’s invoice address;
- The marketplace’s address (the default warehouse);
- No address.
Which price do you want to sync to the vendor's store
When syncing orders directly with a vendor's store, you have the possibility to control which price should be set for the items. Some vendors might want the full retail price, whereas others may want the price the marketplace is paying them for the item. The options are:
- Use the amount paid by the customer: The price to be synced is the amount the customer paid for the item. For example, if the customer paid $100 for the item, the price of the item in the vendor's store will also be $100.
- Use the payout amount: Set the price to the amount due to be paid out to the vendor. This will typically be the price the customer paid, minus any commission retained. For example, if the item sold for $100 and the marketplace retained a $20 commission, the price in the vendor's store will be $80.
- Use the default price in their store: Onport won't set a price when syncing the order. When selected, the price will instead default back to the current retail price for the item in the vendor's store.
- Do not sync a price: Prices will be synced as zero (0.00) into the store. This may be useful if the vendor wants the orders omitted from the revenue reporting in their storefront.
Currency order sync
This setting gives you the ability to convert the prices from the currency in your marketplace with the currency in the vendor's store when syncing orders. This will also convert the price of the shipping into the currency of the store:
Apply discount code to order
Applying a discount code when placing the order in the vendor's store is only typically needed if the commission fees need to be tracked. This may have accounting implications in the vendor's Shopify store, so we recommend checking with them before enabling it:
❗️This is only currently Shopify supported.
You can decide which items to sync with the orders. The options are:
- Only sync connected items: Only items that exist in the vendor's store
- Sync items not in the vendor store: Allow items not in the vendor's store to be synced. For example, custom items or non-product items, such as engraving options.
- Sync all items
Include the shipping price when syncing orders
This setting allows you to include the shipping price when syncing the order to the vendor store. This won’t impact any settings related to paying for shipping or charging the customer at checkout:
You can also set specific tags per vendor, if needed: